Additional Commercial Insurance Coverage
- Ways you can avoid a coinsurance penalty in the unfortunate event of a loss, as well as covering increased costs because of building codes or other changes in law
- Alternatives to insure your property when it is away from your normal locations
- How to insure property of others for which you might be responsible
- Alternatives to continue your vital cash flow in the event you suffer an insured loss, including loss to the property of a large customer or supplier
- Protection against perils not normally covered in basic insurance programs (i. e. Flood, Earthquake)
- How to protect against breakdown of equipment – whether it be boilers, production machinery, HVAC systems or computers
- Ways to protect your intellectual property and other valuable information
- Protection against loss caused by a dishonest employee
- Compliance with ERISA insurance requirements
- Coverage to protect your business from Computer Fraud
- Executive Protection: Protect your directors, officers, and managers for their decisions in running your business
- Protection for oversights in the administration of Employee Benefit programs
- Employment Practices Liability (EPL): Coverage for legal costs and adverse judgments in hiring, wrongful termination, promotions, illegal discrimination, sexual harassment, etc. for publicly traded companies, privately owned businesses or non-profit organizations
- High amounts of liability protection known as umbrellas
- Coverage for imports and exports
- Protection for international travel
- Protection for locations and operations in other countries
- Privacy Liability - Protection for your business from a loss arising from the failure to protect sensitive, personal or corporate information; Coverage for expenses to obtain legal, PR, or crises management services.
- Network Security Liability
- Internet Media Liability
- Cyber Extortion
- Liability concerns for contractors are different. Since writing our first contractor in 1964, we have continually monitored the insurance trends for this industry. We represent several companies that can provide the coverage that many owners and GC’s require.
- We also have a substantial bonding department that provides not only surety bonds, but financial management in order to keep your bond program healthy.
- Our Safety Department is available to assist our construction clients in developing and maintaining a proven safety program tailored to your company.
These are just a few of the areas that are frequently not provided in the basic commercial insurance portfolio. Additionally, Shafer Insurance® can help with needs for Bonding, Professional Liability, Credit Insurance, Builders Risks, and a host of other types of insurance and risk management alternatives.